Brazil and Croatia will proceed their quest for 2022 World Cup splendor on Friday at Al Rayyan’s Education City Stadium. Both sides will kick off in the quarterfinals, with semifinal suits versus either Argentina or the Netherlands waiting for the winner.
Five-time champs Brazil made a solid statement to the remainder of the world with an exciting performance against South Korea in the 16th round.
A stunning first half performance offered Brazil a four objective lead in the opening 36 minutes. It was absolutely Brazil’s most detailed performance of the tournament and placed them right into second equipment for much of the 2nd fifty percent. It additionally reminded everyone why Tite’s team is the favored to win a 6th world title after a number of warm spells in the group phase.
For Croatia, their course to the last eight wasn’t so easy. They squeaked through the group stage and needed penalties to see off Japan in the final round. A charge shootout took place, as well as Croatian goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic was the star of the show, becoming just the third goalkeeper in background to conserve three charges in a World Cup fine shootout.
Head-to-head and crucial numbers
- This will be the 5th conference in between the two sides. Brazil has won 3, while one match finished in a draw. The South Americans have also won the very first two meetings with Croatia at the World Cup.
- Neymar is 2 goals away from exceeding Pele as his nation’s all-time leading goalscorer. He scored a goal in a 4-1 World Cup victory over Croatia in 2014.
- Croatia has won all three of its penalty shootouts at the World Cup.
- Brazil has actually played all 5 of its knockout matches at the World Cup through European opponents considering that 1990.
- Croatia has actually lost just one of its last 20 global suits, winning 13 and also drawing six.
Self-confidence should be high in the Brazil camp, with the usually reticent Tite adding a dancing event against South Korea, an indication of tight team spirit. The 61-year-old had the ability to rest several of his key players early versus South Korea, allowing them to reserve much-needed power for the quarterfinals.
Croatia measured up to their title as masters of going the distance, as well as the 2018 runners-up will certainly have to bring their perseverance to birth if they are to obtain anything out of their suit against Brazil. Croatia train Zlatko Dalic will likely prioritize a portable protection in an effort to restrict Brazil’s offending danger. Nonetheless, Neymar, Vinicius and also Richarlison will be confident of breaking down any type of backline with their present kind.
FIFA World Cup Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Outcome – Brazil
Tip 2 – Both teams can score
Tip 3 – Higher than 2.5 goals
Tip 4 – Highest possible scoring half: Second half
Tip 5 – Neymar scores – Yes