The 2022 FIFA World Cup sees a collection of quarterfinals this week, with the Netherlands set to meet Lionel Scaloni’s Argentina at the Stade Lusail on Friday.
Argentina have gotten better admirably from their opening match defeat against Saudi Arabia and also will certainly want constructing their energy ahead of an important week. Having actually defeated Australia 2-1 in the round of 16, Argentina will certainly be certain in this suit.
So far, the Dutch have additionally stepped up to the plate at the World Cup and have the possible to give the tournament’s giants a run for their money. The Oranje beat the USA 3-1 in their last match and will want to accomplish a comparable outcome today.
Head-to-head and crucial numbers
- In the Netherlands’ nine suits against Argentina, the Netherlands has won 4 while Argentina has won just three.
- This is the 7th meeting between Argentina and the Netherlands at the FIFA World Cup – the third most in the tournament’s history.
- The most current conference between both groups occurred in the semifinals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which caused a charge shootout win for Argentina.
- The last two meetings between Argentina and the Netherlands have actually created 0-0 arrests in the set aside 90 minutes.
- Considering that beating Uruguay in the last in 1930, Argentina has been gotten rid of by the European nation in each of the last nine knockout rounds.
- The Netherlands have actually proceeded to the last 3 quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup, with their previous defeat at this stage of the competition coming against Brazil in 1994.
Argentina has a solid squad and also has done well against the Netherlands in the past. Lionel Messi is most likely to play in his final World Cup this year and also will be at his finest in among one of the most essential competitions of his occupation to date.
The Netherlands have expanded in stature over the past year and have an outstanding mix of young people and also experience in this competitors. Argentina has actually been a constant team on the worldwide stage for over two years as well as has the mild edge in this competitors. We expect Argentina to win this match in normal time.
FIFA World Cup Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Argentina
Tip 2: The suit will have more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Netherlands to score first – Yes
Tip 4: Julian Alvarez scores – Yes